Survey Setup is the process by which School Coordinators complete the configuration of a survey and tailor it to their local needs.
Setting up your survey is completed in six easy steps. To begin, click on the Survey Setup link, located under the yellow My Surveys menu. Note: If the Survey Setup option is grayed out, refer to this Knowledge Base article.
1. Adding a survey
To add your Tell Them From Me Staff Survey, click on the radio button next to the appropriate survey.
Please note: If you do not see the option to select a survey, and only see surveys you have already completed, you may need to select the Add a Survey button, as seen here:
This page outlines the impact of a “Snapshot” and the timeline you should adhere to.
Please note that two snapshots may not be available without the approval of your Region Coordinator.
3. Custom Questions: OEQ
You may have the option to add one or two Open-Ended Questions (OEQs) to the staff survey. If you added OEQs in a previous survey, you can view them by clicking on previous OEQs.
If adding an OEQ, simply type each question in the space provided.
4. Custom Questions: MCQ
You may have the option to add one or two Multiple Choice or Multiple Answer Questions (MCQ/MAQs) to your staff survey. If you added MCQs in a previous survey, you can view them by clicking on previous Multiple-Choice Questions.
If adding MCQs or MAQs, complete each of the following sections:
- Question title for reports - this title will appear at the top of the chart when results are reported
- Multiple-Choice vs Multiple-Answers - select whether the question will be Multiple-Choice or Multiple Answer. Refer to Creating Custom Questions: Strategies for Success for more information.
- Question the survey participant sees - enter the question here, exactly as you want the survey participant to see it.
- Response options - enter the options the survey participant will pick from on their survey.
- Label for Reports - when the results are reported, these labels will appear on the chart’s x-axis.
5. Survey Takers
Enter the number of staff that will be invited to take part in the survey.
You have the option to edit your master login link or leave the default, randomly generated, link if you prefer.
This final page presents a summary of everything you have entered. You can opt to save your work and come back to it later, activate the survey, or delete it and start over.
Once you select "Activate" your single master login URL will then be live for participants to use in accessing the survey.
7. Implementation and Closing Surveys
Keep an eye on ‘Monitor Progress’ (under the yellow Monitor Progress menu), and when ready, close the survey by clicking on the “Close Survey” link.
Once your survey is closed, the reports will be produced within two school days. You will receive an email notification when they are available